Sunday, October 24, 2010

Decisions Decisions!

Last week professor Kurpis gave us the most insane proposition for a curve I have ever heard in my life. The option for us to determine our own curve and grading of the test. The only catch was that the class had to be in 100% uniform agreement of this. Forty plus people with only 30 mins to decide, all hell was about to break loose. Personally I sat back and just Accomodated to what the group was going to decide on. I saw how crazy it was getting right off the bat and I just decided that the group would decide for me. I  did not want to put up with the chaos and I just kind of went with the flow. As for the rest of my class mates I definatley saw all 5 of the characterstics of decision makers in the group. (Avoidance, Competitive, Accomodation, Collaboration, Compromise.) It definatley was hectic but we all managed to pull it together and make a great decision. For future reference I decide that we change nothing, what we did may not have looked pretty, but it yeilded a great result and in the end thats all that matters.

1 comment:

  1. I agree with what you said. It was totally a hectic class as arguing went across here and there. I felt i was part of the accommodating role as well, because my thoughts were already being voiced out there, so it was unnecessary to speak up about the same thing.

    ReplyDelete