Thursday, November 18, 2010

28 nonsense questions and the result is...HUH?!

Last wednesday, prof Kurpis made us go through, what seemed at the time to be a really non-sense assaignement, go through some sort of personality assesment test. We had to pick out of a set of 4 words, which one described us the most and the least, 28 times! The words seemed repetitive and a lot of them were similar, so by question 10 we were all already dreading the next set of words. Finally after we painstakingly went through all the words, and the results were tallied up, something very interesting was revealed to me. Out of 4 categories, Dominance, Infuence, Steadiness, Consiousness; I was by far most infulencial, and rock bottom Consientious.This, altough was not a news flash to me, was actually shocking because it was able to really break me down. I definatley feel like I am a very influencial person. I am indeed very influencial, when something needs to be done, I can always convince somebody to go and do it. And on the contrary, I am not a very consious person. Basicly Im not very detail oriented. Which is also true. I really liked this test assesment because it showed to me what I need to work on in order to be a more well rounded individual. I need to pay more attention to details and possess more steadiness. This was a great assessment because I really learned something about myself. Great assignment.

4 comments:

  1. I also felt the qustions were a bit excessive in the begining.
    I also got the "I" as my major characteristic. I think influential are a bit more quite than dominant, we influence people but doing it in a manner way rather than force our opinion and I think it is great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also agree that the assignment seemed very repetitive at the time but it did produce surprisingly accurate results. I think that it is very important for us, as individuals, to know where to improve ourselves. And very often we know where we can improve but we just need something (Like this test) to trigger that in our minds and actually push for a change.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Based on the class activity we did on the egg thingy, I agree that you are very influential. Professor said that people who belong to I type are good leaders, and I think it's true because you were a good leader in our egg activity. You influenced all the group members by explaining your idea which came out good. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I felt the same as you! The words became very similar after a while and i felt like answering the same thing over and over again. I really think the influential trait is a great trait to possess, and i'm glad to see you're looking to improve yourself into becoming a more well rounded person.

    ReplyDelete